Our lungs are essential for our health and well-being. We need lungs to breathe, so that they can provide oxygen to every single cell and organ we have. Thus, healthy lungs are a must if you want to keep your body functioning properly.
As we live our daily lives, we also breathe. Meaning, we inhale everything that surrounds us and if harmful toxins aren’t eliminated from our lungs properly, they may start to accumulate and expose the whole body to a number of health issues.
So what are the risk factors? And how can you keep your lungs healthy?
Naturally, your lungs are probably a lot healthier when you breathe in clean, fresh air and are not exposed to various health hazards. One of the biggest hazards to your lung health, of course, is smoking.
Not only is smoking the number one cause of lung cancer, it can also cause all sorts of respiratory diseases like bronchitis, COPD and pneumonia. Even if you’re not a smoker, but are exposed to cigarette smoke, you’re at a higher risk of developing respiratory health issues.
Smoking causes damage to your lungs and respiratory system, so even after quitting, your lungs need support to reduce the waste and toxin build-up in your lungs. Cleaner lungs and respiratory system also mean that you can breathe more comfortably. So if you haven’t yet, we strongly urge you to quit smoking and do it today. Read our blog post on Supplements To Help You Quit Smoking.
Another hazard is air pollution. This is especially common in big cities, because you’re constantly exposed to fuel combustion from cars, planes and other vehicles. Air pollution can also come from waste sites, power plants, factories, mines and so on. If you live in a big city, try to minimize the time that you spend exposed to pollutants by keeping an eye on air quality index near you.
However, not all pollution comes from outside. Lots of household chemicals or even cooking can irritate your lungs and respiratory system. Make sure to use a range hood when cooking, swap the regular household chemicals for pure and natural cleaning products without any irritants, and keep your house clean from dust and other allergens.
Lungs are known to be self-healing, but there is only so much your body can do after it’s been exposed to harmful substances for too long. Our Lung Support contains a powerful blend of vitamins, herbs and enzymes that all work together to support your respiratory system. It promotes lung detoxification, but also helps reduce inflammation and boost your immune system.
Here is the list of ingredients in our Lung Support and what each one of them does:
- VITAMIN C – A powerful antioxidant that helps support your immune system;
- VITAMIN K – Supports cardiovascular health, as smokers are at a much higher risk of developing heart disease;
- BUTTERBUR – Has been used to help relieve allergies and coughs for centuries;
- QUERCETIN – Helps reduce inflammation and allergy symptoms, has antioxidant properties that help fight free radicals most commonly caused by pollution, environmental toxins and smoking;
- BROMELAIN – Helps reduce inflammation, mucus production and the symptoms of allergies and coughs;
- CITRUS BIOFLAVONOIDS – Strengthens the immune system and works in synergy with vitamin C;
- FEVERFEW – Helps reduce inflammation and the symptoms of allergies and coughs;
- STINGING NETTLE – Natural extract to promote heart health, relieve allergy and cough symptoms, and also reduce inflammation;
- PINE BARK – A powerful antioxidant that helps reduce inflammation and boost vitamin C absorption;
- CORDYCEPS – Supports your immune system, heart health and helps reduce the symptoms of coughs and other respiratory disorders.
Last but not least, the most dreaded of them all – to support your overall and lung health, you need to exercise and eat a healthy, balanced diet. Regular exercise supports your heart health and promotes lung function as it helps your whole body to use more oxygen.
In conclusion, for your overall health and well-being, it is crucial that you keep your lungs healthy. Unfortunately, many of us are constantly exposed to air pollution, harmful chemicals, allergens and smoking.
However, there are simple and effective things that you can do to protect your lungs and respiratory health: quit smoking, eat healthy foods, exercise and limit your exposure to pollution and allergens, and support lung detoxification with Lung Support supplements.